Monday, July 16, 2007

Relaxing summer?




Summer relaxing? Finally! Sorry to everyone for not posting anything sooner and more frequently, I have had numerous emails telling me that those pictures of Virginia were outdated and they needed new ones NOW! Well, here is the latest with Virginia.
I can hardly remember June, but I know she had a great month learning the word NO. She loves to say it all the time.
She climbs up and down the stairs by herself, has even been learning more words other than the word NO, and has developed further her sense of independence. Virginia wants to do most things by herself (eat, shampoo her hair, climb up things she isn't supposed to climb, run over to her Grandparents house, weed the garden, turn on the water outside, push the stroller, pick strawberries, should I go on?) This can be a great source of happiness, pride and frustration when what she is doing is not allowed. One thing that surprised us was how much she is a water baby (I can't get her out of the water even when she is blue and shivering!)



In the month of June we had a great Father's Day, lots of bike rides around town, a Giles Family reunion in Hershey, PA with a visit to see her Great-Grandmother Marschner and a bunch of Taylor's clients along the way. Virginia and I went to the beach with our friends from town and Beth and Samuel even came up one day to go.



The month of July brought a much anticipated visit from her Grandma Rae-Rae and Great Aunt Ruthie, participating in the Wolfeboro 4th of July parade, and Vacation Bible School all last week in the morning with a trip to the ocean, a picnic dinner downtown by the water, and dancing at the Bandstand in the evenings. We are looking forward to the next 5 weeks of unplanned activities until our trip to the Outer Banks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, I thank you Krista for updating the Blog!! As I look at it every day! What a wonderful visit I had -- lucky for me -- two week-ends in a row I got to know my precious grandaughter and what fun we had; picking strawberries, taking a 5 mile!! walk and listening to all Virginia had to say about everything!!
Love to you all -- Gramma Rae-Rae

mark and anne said...

Oh, goody! New pictures! Virginia, it sounds like you have lots to say about life up to this point -- we can't wait to hear all about it in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...an update at last! Good photos, as usual, of you enjoying all your summer fun. It was fun to see you and wish I could do it more often so you would remember who your Aunt Ruthie is! Security at the airport took my jar of fresh strawberry jam - boo hoo!!! We had fun that day trying to stay out of the kitchen, didn't we? Hugs & kisses to you - Aunt Ruthie XXOO

Jamie said...

Yay! Good to see new pictures of you Virginia! You are quite the busy girl. Can't wait to see you next month. :)

Anonymous said...

Great new pictures! Hopefully the next update will come sooner as your summer slows down a bit. But, sounds like you all have been having fun! Cannot wait for another day at the lake. - Beth